Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thrifty finds... the male edition

It's thrilling to have a man who both accepts my thrifting addiction (yes, it is an addiction folks) and does not mind browsing for himself (yay company!). The trouble is finds for him are a bit of a rarity.

Mister.boyfriend is a tall and skinny fellow so when we do on occasion come across something that is not XXL, sadly the sleeves are often too short. (At least when we are looking for items with long sleeves. Which we are, since Winter is on the way)

Today my bag of Salvation Army finds included a few things for the man as well...

Pendelton wool cardigan

Vintage L.L. Bean hunting jacket

Everybody likes AC/DC

and look away now if corny things makes you want to barf...



Yes, I also found a ladies AC/DC shirt (after we found the mens one). Am I the only one who thinks thrifting his 'n hers AC/DC shirts is funny? Even the friendly clerk noticed and found it rather odd.


Mister.boyfriend was not immediately keen on the cardigan (well cardigans in general) but I always insist that modern men need to wear them more often, since I'm a gal who tends to crush on men from eras where things like cardigans were cool.

Even badasses like Steve McQueen wore them...

5 comments:

thevintageyear said...

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by my blog! What great finds for your man - I WISH I had a man who liked thrifting as much as I do, unfortunately mine humours me more than anything, lol. I also LOVE the dress you have in the post before - the plaid one, it looks amazing with that cardigan!

Lavender said...

I'm always trying to get my man into crazy things I thrift. Love your blog and the ACDC shirts.

Andrea Eames said...

I have the same problem with LOML! He's tall and skinny too, and it's difficult to get good thrift finds for him. I love the loot you got for your man.

(And Steve McQueen looks like Hugh Laurie in that photo ... do you think?)

Rox said...

tvy - Thanks! At least your man humors you, I've experience men who just though I was crazy before ;)

lavender - Thanks!

andrea - Retail shopping is hard enough but thrifting sure is a challenge for tall/skinny dudes that are not vying to be hipsters!

Now that you mention it, he does! I'm surprised I didn't see that before...

Missa said...

I just read a post on the Coveted about the McQueen shawl neck cardi! I'm lovin mine :D

I'm jealous of your plaid dress and the fact that you have a man who will thrift with you!

My husband gets told he looks like a young Steve McQueen so maybe I should use that angle to try and get him into a cardi ;)