Friday, October 24, 2008

100% Thrifted you say?

I was quite enthusiastic about today's outfit. My newly thrifted raspberry tights and dress looked like they were made for each other! At the store the dress looked less than spectacular with it's tent like shape hanging limply on the hanger but despite mister.boyfriend making strange faces over it, I knew that all it needed was a belt!


See what I mean? It looked even cuter than what I dreamed up in my head at the thrift store. The bonus is that without the belt the dress goes from comfortable to exceptionally comfortable and made for a comfort filled morning while working at my computer.

When mister.boyfriend returned from work he was even pleasantly surprised by the dress looking better than he imagined and now considers it to be one of his favorites!



The dress is made out of a heavy cotton fabric which kept me reasonably toasty while indoors but when I ventured out of the house in the afternoon I added a vintage wool blazer that was one of my (very) few Ebay purchases while in France. According to the seller it was part of an usherette uniform for a theater in Paris during the 1940's.

Today I am most definately, 100% thrifted ;)

Dress: Thrifted
Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted
Tights: THRIFTED!!
Coat: Ebay


No comments: