Saturday, August 9, 2008

I ponder things like moving, visits, & birthdays

Though I still have some time before I move, a friend will be visiting me for his birthday about a week from now and then *poof* just a few days after he goes I will leave Paris. So, the way I see it, I have a week to finish packing the bulk of my stuff. Otherwise I'll have to gleefully tell my friend "Happy Birthday, your helping me finish packing". Being the good friend that he is I'm sure he would not mind in the least but since I like to pretend that I am a good hostess, I'd want to avoid such situations.

Since I'm running out of time, I'm not going to force myself to worry about things like the ideaboards. Yes, I've only done two so far and I feel rather silly about skipping them already but what can I do?


A few days ago mister.boyfriend celebrated his birthday, my good friend will be celebrating his in little over a week, and my own will be just a few short days after I return to the USA. All this recent pondering on what to get them got me thinking what I'd wish for me.

I'll keep any corny thoughts to myself and stick to listing the material wants...


I rarely NEED anything.. but I can not hide from the fact that these heels from Re-mix Vintage Shoes would go perfectly with 98% of what I own. The lovely olive green color would definitely rid me of my "I always wear black shoes because they go with anything" funk.


I have not purchased anything from Delia*s since I was about 16 (gosh, I feel old) but this camera tee thrills me to no end. I can even name the models on it. Even from the tiny picture! I bet half the owners of this tee can not say the same...


(image from sewalot.com)
A sewing machine would be the most useful gift for me right now. I plan on starting my own business soon (or at least working for myself as a designer of exciting things) and I've been coming up with ideas galore. It all sounds great in my head with the exception that I need a sewing machine in order to execute many of my ideas.


Of course nobody is going to buy me $400 Fluevog's for my birthday. Nor do I expect them to. I'm just mentioning them since I've been lusting after such boots for quite sometime and I may just have to go rob a bank for my pretties.


With that said.. I hope that everyone is having a good weekend!

No comments: